Wednesday, April 16, 2008

FOX

FOX was definately a sort of bittersweet story about a young fox and his desire to explore the world on his own. Protected by his mother and father fox, they shelter him for his own well being, ensuring him that one day he will be ready to embark out into the world for himself. As a young fox, his curiousity gets the best of him but that is when his mother or father step in to bring him back down.
I like this story because I believe that people can relate to it on many different levels. First, as adults we can probably recall being ambitious and curious as children and perhaps even as adolescents. Looking back on my childhood I remember I would love writing my bicycle on my street and around my block, but God forbid I left my block! It was a boundary set for me, for my own safety and well being offcourse, but naturally as a child I hated it! I wanted to ride my bike everywhere, and anywhere. I'm glad now that boundary was set, who knows what could of happened or where i may have ended up!
in the end, as most foxes, and kids do, they grow up. Letting go, similar to holding on, is also a part of growing up.

No comments: